To skate in the valley of Kent you see
On ice with three dear friends and we,
Our shoes we traded
For boots well bladed
Adventurous we felt such glee.
When toes went numb and backs bent down
We seated ourselves and rested a round,
Watched the zamboni
Shave ice like baloney
We waited and fussed and frowned.
Then our turn came again to skate
Our legs held out but toes did hate,
Stop and go
Start and woe
For some other day we'll wait.
But alas our toes won't rest warm yet
Our dear old shoes a thief had met.
Oh what despair
Not under our chair!
So our socks went home all wet.
To my surprise the next day a call
A sudden warm fuzzy on a wintry fall
"Your shoes are here."
"I'll be right there!"
A round of forgiveness for all.
Tuesday, November 13, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
You're kidding right? Your shoes are found. I can't wait to hear where they found them. Your poem is incredible!
Yay!
this I love.
Post a Comment