Friday, November 2, 2007

Preschool dropout

One day, when Joel's grown into some terrific airplane pilot or architect, we'll look back on today and laugh about how he got kicked out of preschool when he was 4 years old.

*sigh*

Could we have been given a more strong-willed son?
Couldn't we just turn off certain traits until they have found their useful places in society?
Couldn't I have the perspective of a parent of 15 years instead of the one of 5?

This is one of those days when I feel like I've failed him.

Today, it's hard to laugh.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This isn't really on topic, but here's a transcript of their going-to-bed, after lights are out:

Joel: Jamie, say YEAH
Jamie: Yeah
Joel: No
Jamie: Yeah
Joel: No

--Harlan

Carrot Jello said...

It's only preschool.

Melin said...

preschool is lame. its only for moms to give their kids a chance to paint and not have to clean up.