Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Biscuit Boys


When I was a girl, there was a man who called me biscuit, all the time. I did think it was embarrassing, but when you're a kid, it doesn't much matter what you think. I'm not going anywhere with this. I'm just jotting down the memory before it disappears into oblivion.

Tonight, I made biscuit boys. Why, you ask? Is Suzanne a budding Martha Stewart? Nope. Perhaps, I'm just resourceful. If I don't have buttermilk, I'll use skim. If I don't have a biscuit cutter, I'll use the gingerbread cookie cutter my mom gave me for Christmas. Good girl.

Anyone want to register shock that I made biscuits in the first place? Yup, I got my hands all covered in flour like my grandma taught me. What possessed me? It was the magic Apron. Put that baby on, and something's gonna get made!

2 comments:

Harlan said...

I'm gonna venture a guess that you made biscuits because you were looking through the HUGE variety of flour that we have on the top, left shelf. And it occurred to you that Harlan has no earthly use for self-rising flour, was purchased for the sole purpose of your making biscuits.

As to why they're in the form of little people, my theory is that maybe you miss Jamie! :-)

Melin said...

not enough can be said of the magic aprons--looks yummy