Christmas this year was not marred by ungrateful kids or sneaking downstairs in the night to snatch a brother's gifts. It was the year of fear.
As Joel said Christmas eve as he was going to bed, "I'm afraid Santa's going to bring me coal, and I don't really like coal. Because I've been pretty bad this year."
Even Jamie wasn't sure what Joel would be getting for Christmas:
Even so, before Jamie was awake, Joel announced that one of the gifts in his stocking sounded like coal. He opened it first to find a lego jet. What a relief and joy that good gifts were to come!
Two very different guys. This one likes to unwrap everything as quickly as possible and plays once all his presents are opened.
While the other child opens one gift completely, figures out how to put it together and plays with it before he opens another one. (Note: it is still dark outside.)
And when it's all over (Joel did get around to opening that last gift), and no one's looking, the beagle gets her turn at the candy.

Merry Christmas to all!

No comments:
Post a Comment