Tuesday, October 2, 2007

The Big Kid Cooks

My Big Kid has a great sense of humor and is frequently required to laugh me out of a funk. That alone was worth marrying. However, there are other great features, like his love of learning new things. In this case, we're talking cooking skills. I admire his desire to improve his knife skills, or learn some Thai cooking, or sushi making, to the point of taking a class on it, carving out the time for it, and then showing off his new skills to his family.

I'm not a notable cook. In fact, I could probably manage to feed us during famine, but I wouldn't make many friends doing it. I'm a grumpy cook. I just want it done. But not Harlan. He smiles and jokes and just enjoys the whole process. And I can't help but take a moment to smile and bask in the joy he brings us all. Lucky me.

4 comments:

Harlan said...

Wow, why didn't somebody tell me that apron looks RIDICULOUS with a blue dish towel hanging off it. I look like homeless bagpiper!

SuzanneF said...

But a cheery, cute one. :)

Carrot Jello said...

Er...just don't turn around.

SuzanneF said...

Yeah, 'cause he's not wearing pants....