Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Princess followup

Joel hasn't brought up the princess idea in a while. We are biding our time.

But I've been proactive:

Harlan and I are not allowed to say the "p" word. I don't think it was much of a standard in our vocabulary, anyway, but conscientious effort has been made.

Joel said he'd dress up as a pilot (same costume as last year) for Halloween, so I wasn't really thinking of getting another costume for him. But when the "p" issue came up, it seemed necessary to have a few more masculine costumes around.

He considered Bob the Builder for about an hour, but rejected it. It seemed like an inward struggle was going on between having cool tools handy versus not having long hair and a fancy dress on.

The fireman wasn't even considered.

So we're back to airplane pilot, partly because airplanes are so awesome and partly because airplane pilots look dressed up all the time. Go figure.

Thank you, Mimi, for that very important gift!

No comments: