Friday, November 12, 2010

A lesson on prayer

Tonight Joel said that he had given up on praying to God because he never heard any answers from Him before. Trying to hold back my maternal hackles of alarm, I decided to tell him some stories about when I had heard answers to my prayers. Afterwards, he said, "so I just need to give Him more time! Usually I just give Him like 30 seconds."

So about 10 minutes after he goes to bed, he comes downstairs and says, "I got an answer!!"

I said, "to what?"

"I asked Heavenly Father what he wanted me to do as I start my journey on this earth and then He said, 'Help people'. I know exactly what to do! Like at recess, when someone falls, I can help them up."

I wish I could frame forever the smile that was on his face as he looked ahead and envisioned himself helping people. I melted.

1 comment:

Shay said...

that is truly darling! chalk up several points for being a mother!