Monday, January 21, 2008

Once Upon A Potty

Do you know "Once upon a Potty?" If not, you're really missing out.

Well, just like Joshua, Jamie sat and sat and sat and sat and sat and sat and sat and sat and sat and sat and sat and sat and sat and sat and sat and sat and sat and sat and sat and sat and sat and sat and sat and sat and when he got up, he saw all of his wee wee and poo poo(!) in the toilet. He was very proud. I was proud, too. And Joel was proud.

I won't share the misfortunes of later this morning involving pee on the floor, in the cabinets, on the doors, on the toys, on the wall, on the diapers, on the wipes, on the Q-tips, in the bath, a black eye, a bloody lip, two stubbed toes, and a welt on a cheek.

Suffice to say, we're pleased with Jamie's recent efforts.

(And I humbly add that I deserve a purple heart for locking myself in my little bathroom with my two little boys for two hours this morning.)

2 comments:

Shay said...

i love once upon a potty. but we are more familiar with the prudence version. yes a little girl...she too sticks her hands down the back of a messy diaper. my sisters watched those videos 15 plus years ago too! we're trying with reese but no luck. she's all talk when it comes to the potty!

Cassie said...

Yipee for potty training! Your metal for bathroom tollerance is in the mail. Tell Harlan I checked out the FSM and have added the appropriate T-shirts to our list of "absolutely necessary" supplies for the piracy venture. After reading the FSM blog I feel confident that by becoming pirates we will help the environment way more than all the recycling we are doing now. Thanks!